Welcome

I'm back! You can also find me over at Take a Bite.

Tuesday 26 May 2009

Engine Misfiring

My 190E has been misfiring, it was especially noticeable when I was starting the engine and at lower speeds. I plan to fit new spark plugs, spark plug leads, distributor cap and rotor arm. Today I installed new HT leads which I got from ebay for just £17.00 including postage, that has to be a bargain! To install the master lead from the ignition coil I had to remove the air filter to get to it and the other leads must have been very old as they were a nightmare to get off but it only took half an hour to change all six leads.
So, I bolted the air filter back in put the breather hose back into place and started the engine. It sounds a lot better and it's no longer misfiring. Hopefully when I get to finish installing all the new ignition components the car will start like new!

No comments:

Post a Comment